because we care
Daikin air purifiers minimise asthma and allergy symptoms by removing dust particles and pollen from your air and keep you healthy by filtering airborne bacteria and viruses.
Institut Pasteur de Lille evaluated the effectiveness of Daikin’s air purifiers against respiratory viruses.
According to tests performed in the laboratories of the Institut Pasteur de Lille, Daikin’s air purifiers eliminate more than 99.98% the human coronavirus HCoV-229E in 2.5 minutes*. This virus is of the same family as SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus behind the COVID-19 pandemic.
The units have also been evaluated as 99.93% effective against the H1N1 virus in 2.5 minutes*. H1N1 is the virus causing common flu.
This means Daikin’s air purifiers are an additional measure in the fight against respiratory diseases. Our compact plug-and-play purifiers, whose effectiveness is achieved through a combination of the high performance electrostatic HEPA filter, which traps the virus, followed by an intense exposure to Daikin’s patented Flash Streamer technology, which eliminates the virus, can strongly contribute to reducing the risk of respiratory virus transmission.
Although everyone is different, we all have something in common; Breathing!. To us, everyone deserves to breathe Quality Air
1. Powerful suction
Takes in air over a wide area from 3 directions.
2. Effective capturing of pollutants
Efficiently catches dust and pollutants with an electrostatic HEPA filter.
Uses Daikin's Streamer technology to decompose, by oxidation, harmful substances caught on the filter.*
1 Testing organization: Kitasato Research Center for Environmental Science; Test result certificate 21_0026 (issued by same organization); Result of experiment: 99.9% removal of A-H1N1 virus after 1 hour.
2 Testing organization: Japan Food Research Laboratories. Test number: 15044988001-0201. Test method: Attached a test piece inoculated with bacteria liquid on the upstream side of a dust collection filter installed in an air purifier, and operated it in a test area of 25 m³. Counted the number of live bacteria after five hours. Test result: Reduced by more than 99% in five hours. Test unit: Tested with MCK55S (Japanese model), a model equivalent to MCK55W series (turbo operation).
3. Various allergens were irradiated by streamer discharge and the breakdown of protein in the allergens was verified using the ELISA method, cataphoresis, or an electron microscope (Joint research with Wakayama Medical University). Test example: ‘Japanese cedar pollen Cryj-1’; Test result: 99,6% or more decomposed and removed in 2 hours.
4. Testing organization: Japan Food Research Laboratories. Test number: 204041635-001. Test result: 99.9% or more of mould (Cladosporium) spores decomposed and removed in 24 hours.
Get in touch
How do our Air Purifiers provide these benefits?
Powerful humidification to protect against air dryness and viruses
- Protects the skin, the throat and the nostrils from dryness.
- Protects against viruses by maintaining appropriate humidity of the room.
- Maintains comfortable room humidity levels (40 to 60% RH)
- Streamer eliminates bacteria on the humidifying filter.
High Performance HEPA filter to catch fine particles of dust
Removes 99% of particles between 0.1μm and 2.5μm in size.
The filter collects dust efficiently with electrostatic forces. It is not prone to clogging compared with non-electrostatic HEPA filters which collect particles only by the fineness of the mesh. Therefore, a larger amount of air can pass through the filter and can purify a larger amount of air!
Electrostatic HEPA filter
Removes 99,97% of fine particles of 0,3μm Filter fiber itself is charged with static electricity, and collects particles efficiently. Doesn’t clog easily, hence causes low pressure loss.
Because it catches particles relying only on mesh size, it is necessary to make mesh finer, making it easy to be clogged and cause high pressure loss.